Friday: (11/27) No way we go shopping today, at least not where everyone else goes. Leftover hash and eggs for breakfast. I spent the morning in the office. Among the details I spent a half hour on the phone getting my Vonage phone account closed, easy to join, really difficult to quit. Later, we all took a short walk, Lou and Dawn to our nearby thrift store and me on down to the San Antonio Mall area. I checked out restaurants and grocery stores then caught the bus home. I had a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch. A couple of jobs in the afternoon. One, I’ve deferred for a long time. I needed to glue Velcro onto my hiking shoes so my gaitors have an attachment in the rear of the show. I also cleaned up some leaves and debris I piled up yesterday. Our compost bins were full yesterday, they were emptied this morning so there was room this afternoon. Not a really productive day but i considered it more of a day off anyway.

Saturday: (11/28) Leftovers for breakfast. We were all off to the San Jose Flea market this morning. We took a look around the many booths. We were mostly looking for shelving and a new cover for our storage tent. Nothing found. We returned home for lunch of leftovers, In the afternoon we drove up to Redwood City to the bigger Costco there and bought some industrial storage racks. Dawn visited their library. When we got home Lou and I assembled the shelving in her shed. We still need some more but then shelves we got fit nicely. Lou made biscuits and gravy for dinner. While it was a really cold day it was nice and clear all day today.

Sunday: (11/29) Lou and I started the day with our weekly shopping run which was delayed due to our visit to the Flea Market yesterday.

Wilton Lou's Shed 1129151537_HDR Wilton Lou's Shed 1129151624_HDR
I cut plywood for the shelves in Lou’s new shed. I set the table sa up with a table behind to catch to outfeed when i ripped the 4′x8′ sheets of plywood. I used all the scrap wood I had then visited Home Depot to get more plywood. Lou was busy setting up her shelving and moving molds. Leftovers for breakfast. Ham and cheese sandwich for lunch. Dawn made macaroni and cheese for dinner.

Monday: (11/30) We had a little rain today. We were right at the Southern edge of the storm so not much rain. We all went up to Redwood City. Dawn visited the Barnes and Noble store and Lou and I visited the Costco store to get another shelving unit. When we got home Lou was busy moving her molds from her old shed to the new shed. I tinkered with computers all day. Breakfast at A Good Morning Restaurant. Ham and cheese sandwich with tomato soup for lunch. I made Spanish rice with pork for dinner.

Tuesday: (12/01) Leftover peach blintzes for breakfast. I worked on the lights and power for Lou’s shed. I had to get a few things so I made a run to Lowe’s in Sunnyvale to get the few electrical parts and picked up more plywood to rebuild the roof to Lou’s old shed now to be Dawn’s shed. It’s a tin building that drips condensation from the inside of the roof when it’s cold. I’m adding plywood under the tin to eliminate the cold surface that creates condensation. I just stowed those materials away and I’ll get to it tomorrow or later after a rain we expect Thursday. Lou and Dawn had their exercise class in the morning and spent the rest of the day with appointments and shopping. I had dim sum from the Dim Sum King in Sunnyvale. My favorite pork footballs and shrimp balls. For dinner a ham and cheese sandwich with leftover Spanish rice. It was a nice warmer day today.

Wilton Lou's Shed 1202151523_HDR Wilton Lou's Shed 1202151523b_HDR
Wednesday: (12/02) Granola for breakfast. I spent the day completing the wiring and troubleshooting it and eventually completed it. I’m glad I don’t do this for a living anymore or I’d starve. One of the light fixtures was missing parts so I returned to Lowe’s in the afternoon to get it replaced. I also returned leftovers. Next stop was Harbor Freight to get a tarp. I had checked at Lowe’s but they didn’t have a close enough size to what I wanted. I want to make a curtain in the greenhouse to protect the nonliving materials on one side of the shed.  On the way home i picked up Chinese food at the China Wok in Sunnyvale. This morning I announced my Pinnacles NP hikes at the end of the month. What i intended as an announcement only mistakenly had an RSVP button and there were 35 attendees by dinner time. I had also announced a hike this Friday at Los Trancos Preserve and inherited a hike next Wednesday from a leader that had to leave town suddenly. So, having enjoyed doing little leading for the past couple of months changed to really busy. After dinner I prepared the actual hike events on Meetup and announced those to the people that signed up previously. I really have never liked being a “leader” but seems I am doomed to be one.

Thursday: (12/03) Granola for breakfast. I slept in but just after waking Ernie woke me with a call that the gardener was here and that the wind had blown down a trellis for some berries in the back yard. The metal stake had rusted through. I fixed that and installed the replacement light fixture on Lou’s shed as it started to rain. So now I have a better excuse for doing nothing the rest of the day. Lou’s shed is complete now it is just setting up the remaining shelving and Lou completing the move in. For lunch I had white chili and spam. I have several rebagged meals that should be used up before I head out hiking late next year. For dinner I prepared asparagus, sauteed mushrooms, baked potato and a sausage. Lou and Dawn are in Bakersfield visiting Aunt Helen.

Print Friendly

Comments are closed.